Sunday, June 23, 2013

Today's Flowers

The rainy season started late last month. The plants respond well to the copious amount of rainfall but the weeds like it even more.


Pink anthurium. It is not uncommon to see these growing under the shade of a mango tree in someone's yard. Some cultivars are also grown for the cut flower trade.


 Hard-cane fuschia dendrobium orchid. Dendrobiums are among the easiest blooming orchids.


 Matte petals


Purple Mexican petunia (ruellia simplex). Grows easily from cuttings and requires little care. A plant for those with a brown thumb.


Red wax begonia. Instant flower power. Great in containers and beds. 

Thanks to the team of Today's Flowers, where we can see what is blooming in different parts of the world.

Also thanks to - I Heart Macro

14 comments:

Lui said...

You captured some special blooms ;-)

Laura said...

oh how beautiful!!! these would be lovely to share with I Heart Macro too... just gorgeous!

Mystic Dreamer said...

Thanks for the visit Lui and Laura.

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful...

Laura said...

hooray...so pleased you decided to participate in I Heart Macro:-)

Unknown said...

I love the orchids.

Gardens at Waters East said...

Beautiful photos again today. When in the first photo you referred to mango, guess what, I get those whenever I can from the store. Love them! Can not grow those here on the shores of Lake Michigan in USA - but I do have the lake to compensate! Jack

Gardens at Waters East said...

Forgot to mention, how do I get to follow your blog on my blog site.. Any help with that? There is no Follow tab that I can find. Jack

TheChieftess said...

some lovely shots!!!

Mystic Dreamer said...

Thanks for the visit @Rambling, @Gunilla & @Chieftess.

@Jack. I have two julie mango trees. They are so delicious.

You can try:
FOLLOW VIA DASHBOARD.
Like someone's blog but don't see the widget? Try this step.
Make sure you are signed in on your Blogger account.
Under the 'Reading List' and 'Blogs I'm Following', you should see a 'ADD' button.
Click on that and type in the URL of the blog you would like updates on.
Click 'Next' and viola!

Stephanie said...

Hello Mystic Dreamer! Wow you have so many happy flowers blossoming in your garden :-D Besides easy blooming, I love dendrobium orchids for their amazing colours as well. Yours is blooming healthily - deep colour and so many blooms on the flower spike. Love it! Have a great day, Stephanie

Mystic Dreamer said...

Thanks Stephanie. I love your blog! I am slowly growing my orchid collection, though lately all I have picked up are spathoglottis cultivars.Happy gardening and blogging! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, your flowers are gorgeous and photos outstanding. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers.
Wishing you a very happy weekend!
Denise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles

Mystic Dreamer said...

The pleasure is all mine sharing with Today's Flowers. Have an awesome weekend. :)