Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thai Aglaonema 2

Holiday season is around once again and I've been extra busy. I've been decorating, shopping and attending several social events. 

I haven't even been able to purchase a poinsettia as yet. I like them in spite of their gaudiness and overabundance this time of the year. I still have the one I got last year but it hasn't re-flowered because it receives some artificial light at night. Poinsettias need complete darkness for 12 hours at night for 10 weeks to induce blooming. I had one years ago that bloomed several times a year even though it received some artificial light at night. I guess it was probably an anomaly.


This is another one of my Thai aglaonemas. I quite like it as it has a nice colour. 

 Shared with:

8 comments:

genie said...

It has beautiful color. I like it better than a poinsettia. I like them in hedges along a wall like we had in Florida but not in pots.

Mystic Dreamer said...

Hi Genie. Thanks for the visit. I mean no disrespect, but you're probably thinking thinking of crotons. Aglaonemas are slow growing, can't take full sun and aren't used as hedges. Crotons, with their leaves of varying colours and shapes are often used as hedges in tropical climate. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Unknown said...

These Thai Aglaonemas cultivars are truly beautiful but on the steep side. I'm not buying yet but will one day when I've settled with the garden in the new house.

Laura said...

beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro, wishing you joy and peace, now and always:-)

James David said...

I'm not sure if it true but somehow I find that Pointsettias seemed be a used and throw-away plants.

Somehow I find that you got a good subsitute using Aglaonema.
(wow- both plants are truly a spelling/mouthful names to begin with)

Have a lovely promising New Year Trini.

Sujata said...

Beautiful colored Aglaonema! And thanks for dropping by.

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Mystic Dreamer! Colours open my eyes especially in the morning. They make me glad :-) I love the vibrant colours on Thai aglaonmenas. I am amazed by the many variations as well.

Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful colors...